07 April 2020
Troop 191 is still HERE and active!
With the prolonged social distancing effort, we have transitioned to a new virtual meeting schedule using Microsoft Teams. While all Scouts are welcome during PLC meetings, the PLC felt that keeping the meetings to smaller numbers would to keep participants engaged. So, beginning with our meeting last night, the PLC will meet every other week (April 6, 20, May 4, 18), and every patrol will meet on opposite weeks (April 13, 27, May 11).
Patrols have already begun forming sub-teams within the larger Troop 191 team. Patrols are going to be especially important during this time. If you have not already joined the Troop 191 Team, please reach out to your Patrol Leader, Senior Patrol Leader, or Scoutmaster Greene for help with joining.
PATROL LEADERS: Your Scouts are COUNTING ON YOU during the pandemic! You MUST:
- Participate in the PLC meetings every other week to learn what's going on in the Troop
- Lead engaging Patrol meetings on opposite weeks. Here are some suggestions:
- Start the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance then reciting the Scout Oath and Law (and Outdoor Code, if desired)
- Next, share what you learned at PLC on the previous week
- Check in with each Scout in attendance: see how they're doing and if they need help with advancement.
- This is the most important part of your meeting!
- If your patrol would like a skills demonstration or to learn about a Scouting-related topic, invite a guest trainer/speaker for a SHORT and ENGAGING demonstration
- FUN: Arrange a game (for example Kahoot!) or something else fun for your Scouts.
- This is the second most important part of the meeting (right behind checking in with your Scouts)!
- Participate in ILST (tentatively scheduled for April 18): Every Scout deserves a Trained Leader!
If you are struggling in this role, please reach out to your Senior Patrol Leader, an Assistant Scoutmaster, or Scoutmaster Greene for help.
15 March 2020
Harmony Presbyterian Church has canceled its worship services for March and has urged groups meeting at the church to cancel their meetings due to the lack of resources to properly sanitize the church building. Poudre School District has also announced that they will be transitioning to remote learning following Spring Break at least through the end of March, and Longs Peak Council has canceled or postponed all district and council events through April 12.
In consideration of these unprecedented events and similar changes associated with the COVID-19, Mrs. Richardson and Mr. Greene have both agreed to cancel Troop activities through the end of March. This includes Troop meetings on March 23 and 30.
We will continue to monitor the situation in the community, state, nation, and world over the remainder of the month. We will make a determination on whether to resume normal meetings in April (and, if so, when) at the end of March. This landing page of our website will be updated as new information comes in.
|April||Shooting Sports Month: PLC & Elections 4/6, Parent Committee 4/13|
|Sat 4/4||HPC Spring Service Project (9 am to noon)|
|Sun 4/12||Easter Sunday|
|Mon 4/13||Patrol Meetings|
|Fri 4/17||Virtual Backyard Campout / Lock-OUT starting at 8:00 pm|
|Mon 4/20||PLC Meeting: Troop/Patrol Leaders assume their roles|
|Sat 4/25 *New Date||Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) at 9:00 am|
|4/24-26||Shooting Sports Weekend and Campout at BDSR|
|May||Search and Rescue/Sasquatch Month: PLC 5/4, Parent Committee 5/11|
|Mon 5/4||PLC Meeting|
|Mon 5/11||Patrol Meeting|
|Mon 5/18||PLC Meeting|
|Mon 5/25||Memorial Day -- Patrol Meetings are Optional (check with your Patrol Leader)|
Come Join Us!
Boy Scout Troop 191 is a Scout-led Troop. We are chartered by Harmony Presbyterian Church of Fort Collins, Colorado.